Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Job Hunt and other updates.

For those of you that don't know, I (Meagan) am jobless again.  That's right, the idiot I had to work for that promised me for months on end that the temporary position I was working at would become permanent and that I would be the one to get the permanent position so I should stop looking for work, didn't give me the job.  Go figure.  Anyway, this week I've really been cracking down on looking for work...again...  This is the third time in the same twelve month period.  Joy...

For the other updates.  Joe is doing amazing in school.  He's had nothing but A's on his tests so far this semester (okay, a few A-s but I'm not splitting hairs over it, he is) He even came out with all A's for his midterms.  He is doing really well on all of his assignments, even in his technical writing class.   Having a wife with an English degree that took the same class from the same teacher has absolutely nothing to do with it.  I promise...

Anyway, our dogs are just as crazy and goofy as ever.  Paige (our 6 or 7 month old puppy) is getting huge.  This isn't necessarily a good thing.  It means her teeth are really big and sharp.  So, yesterday morning, I let them into the laundry room because they had muddy paws and I didn't want paw prints all over the house.  Usually, they clean their paws off.  Well, I left them in there a little longer than I meant to and Paige decided that my leather hiking boots were her mid-morning snack.  No more hiking boots.  She ate the insides.

Alex is being his usual mellow self.  He follows me around and wags his bat of a tail at the most inopportune moment possible.  He keeps knocking things over.  Still love him though.  He and Paige follow me around all day when they're in the house, lying on the floor when I'm working at my computer or sitting just outside of the kitchen (usually) when I'm working.  They both refuse to come near me when I'm vacuuming though.  Don't blame them.

Because I'm unemployed and all that crap, I've been trying to be a better house wife.  Some things go better than others.  For example, I'm fairly handy around the house.  I can clean pretty much everything (as long as I can reach it) and I know how to do minor repairs.  The things that don't go well are well, the basics.  I'm a terrible cook.  I made chicken pot pie recently and completely screwed up the crust.  I couldn't get the dang thing to roll out without flaking really bad.  In the end, I ended up too frustrated to do it and Joe rolled it out.  I'd worked it so much that it turned out really heavy and kind of nasty.  Thank heaven's my husband isn't too picky an eater.

I guess that's really all the updates for now.  I now, I don't take pictures and post them.  Someday I'll get there.  But not today.

-Meagan

1 comment:

  1. just buy the Pillsbury already made dough. Thats what I use for my chicken pot pies and it tastes great! I hope you hear about the college job sooner than later..
    Senta (and the rest of them)

    ReplyDelete